Use the buttons above to
learn more about these exciting programs!
Little Flipper Swim
LaFleur's Little Flipper Swim School is designed with younger children in
mind. During the formative years kids need to have an opportunity to
swim "year round". LaFleur's has a state of the art
facility and program for them (right here in Tampa at Anderson and Linebaugh near the Veteran's Expressway).
Watch this 60 second video
If you are unable to view the windows media player above, click this image to play.
LaFleur's Little Flipper School
(Windows Media Player)
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL?
1. Indoor Facility:
- Climate control; always 90 - 92 degrees degrees
- No cancelled classes due to weather
- No sun damage to kids or instructors
- No sun in eyes while back floating
2. Heated Pool ~ 90 - 92 degrees:
- Kids learn faster and are more comfortable
in warm water!
- No shivering and blue lips here!
3. Small Classes:
4. Caring, Certified Staff:
- All teachers are Ellis or WSI
certified - and trained by our expert staff to be "kid friendly"!
5. Fun, Progressive Curriculum:
- Our goal
is to keep the kids moving in the water
lots of turns and praise for effort and improvement kids learn while having FUN!
6. Shallow Pool:
- Teachers and parents can stand anywhere
in our pool (3-4ft. deep)
- This is less intimidating to our younger
students and easier for adults to "spot" the kids during
7. Safe Ports for Young
8. Cool Stuff:
- We use a lot of "props" like dive rings,
underwater hoops, dumb bells, kick boards, a slide, and lots of
other toys to make learning FUN!
- It's amazing how much more interesting our underwater
world is when you can SEE CLEARLY. Help us to get your child "goggle
10. Founder, Jeff LaFleur - has
been studying and traveling to America's best swim
schools since 1995 in order to bring Tampa's kids a great swim school experience.
See how our kids can maintain and accelerate their water skills on
only 30 min/week.
Manager: Natalie Davis
DO ~ Swim Tips
- Enter the pool area only with the instructor - NEVER ALONE
- Bring a towel
- Goggles are encouraged
- Walk in the pool area
- Shower before your lesson at the pool site
- Take your child to the bathroom before class!
- Swim Diapers are MANDATORY for 3 year olds and younger!
- Swim ear drops are recommended after class.
DON'T ~ Swim Tips
- No eating 1 hour prior to class!
- Don't go potty in the pool.
- No glass containers allowed in the pool facility.
- No running or horseplay in pool area.
- No one allowed in the pool building without an instructor.
- Parents are welcomed and encouraged to watch the
- We welcome any questions or comments.
- If we cancel classes due to pool problems, we will
schedule a make-up within a week.
- Discounts with 2 or more children
- We offer Private Lessons (15 minutes) Once or Twice per week
- We offer Group Lessons (30 minutes) Once or Twice per week
For available class spots call: 813-264-5000
Swim Make Ups: Session 1-4 offered during regular classes. Please sign up in the office. Session 5-6 offered 4th and 8th Saturdays @ 12:30pm