LaFleur’s swimming lessons are designed with younger children in mind. During the formative years kids need to have an opportunity to swim “year round”. LaFleur’s has a state of the art indoor, heated pool to give your kids every opportunity to learn in a safe and comfortable environment.
WHAT MAKES US SPECIAL?
1. Indoor Facility:
- Climate control; always 90 – 92 degrees degrees
- No cancelled classes due to weather
- No sun damage to kids or instructors
- No sun in eyes while back floating
2. Heated Pool ~ 90 – 92 degrees:
- Kids learn faster and are more comfortable in warm water!
- No shivering and blue lips here!
3. Small Classes:
- We boast a low 4 to 1 student : teacher ratio. In fact we only allow 3 children in our 3 year old classes. That’s an industry low.
4. Caring, Certified Staff:
- Our teachers are Ellis, WSI, CPR, First Aid certified – and trained by our expert management to be “kid friendly”!
5. Fun, Progressive Curriculum:
- Our goal is to keep the kids moving in the water
- With lots of turns and praise for effort and improvement kids learn while having FUN!
6. Shallow Pool:
- Teachers and parents can stand anywhere in our pool (3 – 4ft. deep)
- This is less intimidating to our younger students and easier for adults to “spot” the kids during class
7. Safe Ports for Young Students:
- We have 4 sets of stairs, an 8 ft swim-out & several “swim platforms” throughout the pool for kids to swim to and from during class
8. Cool Stuff:
- We use a lot of “props” like dive rings, underwater hoops, dumb bells, kick boards, a slide, and lots of other toys to make learning FUN!
- It’s amazing how much more interesting our underwater world is when you can SEE CLEARLY. Help us to get your child “goggle friendly”.
10. Founder, Jeff LaFleur
- - has been studying and traveling to America’s best swim schools since 1995 in order to bring Tampa’s kids a great swim school experience. In the summer of 2010, Jeff was invited by Dr. Ludmilla Rosengren (author of Baby Swim, and the world’s leading expert on Infant / Toddler Swimming) to be the Key Note speaker at an International Swim School Conference in Sweden. His topic was “How to Run a Swim School” See how our kids can maintain and accelerate their water skills on only 30 min/week.
LaFleur’s Little Flipper Swim School has the best kids swim classes in Tampa. We are located just minutes from Westchase, Citrus Park, Lutz, Carrollwood and South Tampa.